The Skills of The Rising of Chaos
- The majority of skills in RoC are added to a characters repetoir by spending earned endeavour
- When creating a character you begin with 20 Endeavour (EDV)
- This process is described in Character Creation.
- Skills are broken down into categories, such as Tactical Skills and Magical Skills and separated into two Sections:
- Career Skills - These are available at all times to everyone
- Specialist Skills - These are available when you join a specific career and were once referred to as Prestige Skills.
- Career skills are available to every Archetype but are "gated" behind three functions
- Current Total Endeavour - The more endeavour that you earn the more training becomes available to you
- Endeavour spend in a category - To gain a specific Tactical Ability you must have spent X Endeavour (EDV) in the category Tactical Skills
- Archetype - A very few abilities will only be available to you if you chose the relevant Archetype at Character Creation.
- Specialist Skills are available to you when you have been invited to join or successfully petitioned to join a specific career.
- These specialist careers can be found in play and are often referred to by their titles such as a specific Order of Knights or Gang of Pirates.
- They can also be found and inquired about in the majorative fluff that appears throughout the Wiki.
- When you join you may buy the skills from the specialist path as you wish without any restrictions bar Caps.
- Skills can only be purchased a certain amount of times which is moderated by your Maximum Buys (MB)
What’s Endeavour and how do I get it?
- At the end of any Day Event you gain 2 Endeavour
- At the end of any Multi Day Event you gain 2 Endeavour per day you have played and a bonus 2 Endeavour at the end of the event.
- You can spend Endeavour between events to gain skills
- This is done via e-mailing the system until the website supports Endeavour spending
How do the skills work?
- Each skill comes with a short description which informs you how to use it in the circumstance that it was designed to be used.
How Many times can I buy a Skill?
- During your Characters creation you will choose a place to train which will define the beginnings of your characters life.
- These professions will put a cap on how many times you can buy this skill.
Some Skills say they add suits to an Omni Deck Check
- Yes: Some skills increase your odds on a Feat Sheet Check.
- The following order is universal in how to increase the odds:
- If no suits add ♠
- If ♠ add ♥
- If ♠♥ add ♦
- You may never add ♣
What are Feat Sheets?
- A Feat Sheet is a sheet that requires skills to succeed.
- Examples of Feat Sheets and How they work can be found here
- The top left image is the image for Venator to make them recognisable.
- The Top right describes the suits that you need to pull to make the success
- The bottom section runs you through how to operate the card
- The rear of the card explains what you have discovered.
- The second card is a Medical Card calling for the speciality in Forensics.
- Skill checks are set up with ♠♥♦♣ as the success sequence under the following rules:
- Clubs are always a failure
- Black Jokers are always a Disaster Result whilst Red Jokers are always a Critical Success Result and are removed from your deck for the scene when drawn.
Visual Cue Images
Following are the images that appear on each of the Feat Sheets that allow you to identify the Skills associated with the Feat Sheet that you wish to interact with:
All items (5)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.